When booking accommodation with The Secret Campsites you are agreeing to enter into a binding contract with us.
References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to The Secret Campsite and references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of that person’s party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
The Secret Campsite accepts no liability for loss or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. In making this booking you are accepting full responsibility for yourself, your booking party, your children and you are agreeing to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. The Secret Campsite accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
Booking forms are completed via the online booking system on our website. If you make a phone booking we will complete the form for you.
We will send you a booking confirmation via email. Please contact us if you do not receive this. Please check your Booking Confirmation and notify us of any errors immediately. You must be over 18 year of age to make a booking.
During the processing of your completed online booking form, your full payment must be processed via our accepted payment options unless otherwise agreed. Your payment is made in full and consists of a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total booking amount. You have two (2) days in which your payment must be processed into our system from your bank or financial institution. If the payment money is not received in this time we reserve the right to cancel the booking. If payment is made after we issue an invoice or series of invoices, the first 50% of the total amount owed forms the non-refundable deposit amount.
Charges have VAT.
All of our pitches and structures are let for holiday use only and are limited to the time specified.
Cancellation or Changes by You:
It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone the office and then confirm in writing. If you cancel your booking the following applies:
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose 50% of total non-refundable deposit payment. The remainder of any of your other payments made will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your full payment.
- If you book via a third party organisation and not directly via our website they may have additional terms and conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking, as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation. We are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third party organisation and are not responsible for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
- In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you cannot cancel your contract if the services you have ordered are accommodation, or services related to leisure activities (if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance).
Cancellation or Changes by US:
Once we have issued you with a confirmation, we will do our best not to make any changes or cancel your booking. However please note that sometimes changes do occur before or after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
If you are staying at The Secret Campsite, please note the following:
Please ensure there are no more than seven people to a pitch, unless agreed with us in advance.
To minimise disruption to our other guests at The Secret Campsite we only allow two pitches to be booked at any one time.
We recommend insurance to cover cancellation, loss, damage or injury. As a small business we are not able to act as your insurers and rearrange your stay due to your changes in personal circumstances.
We regret that pets are not permitted at our campsite.
Arrival and Departure
Your pitch will be ready for you from 3:00 pm on the arrival day and reception is open until 6:300pm every evening and 7:00 pm on Fridays. Pitches should be vacated by 11:00 am on the day of departure. Alternative times can occasionally be arranged on request via the office. Please let us know if you expect to arrive late or are delayed.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived by noon on the day following the booking start date we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Noise Policy and Behaviour
We operate a small quiet, relaxed campsite. All electronic music and percussion instruments of any kind are prohibited. Loud noise doesn’t fit with the peace and tranquility. The land adjoining The Secret Campsite is not owned by us, so please respect these areas and stick to footpaths.
We ask that campers please respect fellow campers and our local neighbours. There is a LOW NOISE POLICY from 10pm around the campsite.
We reserve the right to remove any campers who do not follow our noise guidelines or are a pest.
- The Secret Campsite is surrounded by beautiful countryside filled with unusual plants and animals. However, this brings with it the risks associated with wild animals and poisonous plants. We accept no responsibility for any injuries or illness that you suffer as a result of bites, stings or from eating or playing with poisonous plants. If in any doubt, please always ask us, and encourage your children not to touch plants or animals that you or they cannot positively identify.
- Children are free to explore the site, but they remain their parents responsibility at ALL times.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or damage whatsoever to persons, vehicles, tents, accessories or contents during your stay with us.
- The Secret Campsite includes some steep slopes, rough terrain, trees, brambles and other natural hazards.
- We can take no responsibility for the weather conditions at the time of your visit. We recommend that you come prepared with suitable clothing and footwear, so that you can enjoy the charm of the natural environment.
- The flying of kites is prohibited for your own safety.
- The Secret Campsite reserve the right to close the campsite in extreme or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to do this is entirely at our discretion.
- The use of gas cookers, gas heaters or naked flames is not allowed at any time in the glamping accommodations that we offer or within your own tents whilst on the campsite. This is due to the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, weapons, generators and dangerous materials or substances are not allowed on the campsite.
- Our campsite are adjoining or near to agricultural land used for farming and forestry. Campers must be careful when entering these areas whilst staying with us.
By booking with The Secret Campsite you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, hazards and dangers of entering the campsite.
The Car Park and camping areas
The car park is located away from the campsite pitches. Only authorised vehicles are allowed access to the main campsite areas, unless approved for deliveries. The access tracks are only for staff and emergency vehicle access. All guests and any additional guests visiting the campsite may only park in the designated car park area. All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. The Secret Campsite accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
We ask that you leave your accommodation or tent pitch in a clean and tidy state upon your departure.
It is a condition of your stay in all structures that you wash all cooking equipment and dishes used during your stay. Thank you for your cooperation. We reserve the right to charge a cleaning cost if your glamping accommodation or any area used within the campsite is not left in the same condition as originally found.
The Secret Campsite has ample provision for recycling and rubbish so please separate your rubbish and use the bins provided.
Additional Day Guests
The Secret Campsite does not accept day visitors.
No smoking is allowed inside the structures or within the campsite facilities.
There will be wardens at the campsites. The wardens will be charged specifically with ensuring that:
- Noise is kept to a minimum during evening hours
- Cars are parked in the correct areas
- Campsite rules are adhered to
- Security of the campsite and surrounding area is maintained
- No electronic or amplified music is played.
The warden will, where necessary, enforce the low noise policy.
We ask for you and your guests to cooperate with our wardens. Please assist us by listening and adhering to the warden’s instructions, directions and requests. It is a condition of your booking that you agree to follow the directions of our wardens and staff.
You must not collect firewood from the campsites or surrounding woodland areas. Fallen dead wood provides a natural habitat for many creatures. Please use only firewood supplied by The Secret Campsite or brought by you onto the campsites or as directed by our staff.
If you have special requests or needs, you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your stay at The Secret Campsite please tell us before we confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
Liability – Your Happiness and Satisfaction!
It makes us happy if you enjoy your stay with us! If you have any problems during your stay, please let us know immediately so we can try and sort them out while you are here. If you have any complaints thereafter, please address them to;
The Secret Campsite, Brickyard Farm, Town Littleworth, Barcombe, East Sussex BN8 4TD. Telephone 01273 401100. Email – email@example.com.
- We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act).
- The Secret Campsite or their staff or business partners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused. We accept no liability for injury sustained to any party whilst on our campsites.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at The Secret Campsite, Brickyard Farm, Town Littleworth, Barcombe, East Sussex BN8 4TD and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time or sent via email or mail.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
Other important terms
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may submit the dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
The Secret Campsite Limited.
Company Number – 08430806
VAT Number – 183 5284 89
Registered Office – Kingfisher House, Hurstwood Grange, Hurstwood Lane, Haywards Heath, RH17 7QX